Expenses of the Vienna Regional Health Insurance Fund in 2017
(according to the Gebarungsvorschaurechnung [GVR], as of November 2017)
- Hospital EUR 1.018,0m / 28.75%
- Treatment by doctors EUR 880.4m / 24.84%
- Medicine EUR 706.0m / 19.92%
- Dental treatment and Dentures EUR 190.0m / 5.36%
- Benefits arising from maternity EUR 152.9m / 4.31%
- Sickness benefit EUR 175.5m / 4.95%
- Aids and appliances EUR 38.4m / 1.08%
- Administrative expenses EUR 75.3m / 2.12%
- Other (med. rehabilitation, prevention etc.) EUR 307.1m / 8.67%
Efficient and economical administration!
The WGKK’s administrative expenses, at just 2.12 percent of total expenses, is much lower than that of health funds in Germany or Switzerland.
The rate of administrative expenses of regional health funds is also clearly lower than of private health insurance providers.